When the company was Skybeam there would be the occasional slow speed or outage. Ever since the company was bought by Rise Broadband the speed of the internet has gone way down and so has their customer service.

We go days at a time with little to no internet, even though I have a small business plan. One time it took 90 minutes to watch a 20 minute sitcom. When I call the "tech support", I get the same story....it must be your modem...unplug this, unplug that, ...I need you to run a speed test.....we don't guarantee 5 Mbps...we advertise up to 5 Mbps. We haven't had internet in a week and we called everyday hoping to get some customer support and the first thing they ask is for me to run a speed test.

How can I run a speed test if I have no internet? They say the sympathize with my situation but do they to drive to Starbucks to send an email? The gentleman I was talking to tonight doesn't even use his company's service, so how can he sympathize?

The problem was there was no other service provider we could use.

Thankfully, we recently had a new fiber optics company come into our neighborhood. So come Friday, Bye-bye Rise Broadband!!!!!

Oh and if anyone would like to start a class action suit, please let me know..

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Rise Broadband. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Rise Broadband.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Rise Broadband to other companies on our site.

Comments

If you don't like the rural internet services, move to the city... Class action lawsuit?

Ha!

Was anyone forcing you to keep the service? What a ***!

Rise_Broadband_Rep

The company went through a name change in 2015, combining all divisions (Skybeam and others) within the network to one central name, Rise Broadband. If you would like to speak with a representative in regards your account and the frustrations you've experienced, you can email vipsupport@risebroadband.com and you will be contacted.