Rise Broadband Technical Support Review from Springtown, Texas

164 of 415 Rise Broadband reviews

This is about the most worthless, POS company that I have ever encountered.I am typing this from my phone because I have no Internet service.

We had intermittent service until a storm hit about 10 days ago. The Rise Broadband tech came out and said that he can't fix it. He said that it trees in the way or some other interference and that he can do nothing for us. I explained to him that we have been customers for five years and that is was working until a storm hit a few days ago.

He says again that he can do nothing. I then told him that I meant no offense but maybe he needs to escalate the issue to someone with more experience. Well he did get offended and said that he will have me know he has 1 1/2 years experience. To make a long story short, he stole my 50 foot telescoping mast that I bought from another company years ago for 150.00 and told Rise that I wanted to cancel my service.

I have filed a report with the Sheriff's Department and I'm waiting for a Rise supervisor to come out next Tuesday! Have ordered service from Cirra Networks.

Hope they can get a signal.I'll be letting my kin, 4 of which have Rise and a ton of my customers who I referred to them, know what a sorry company they are!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Rise Broadband Wireless Internet
Review category
Telecommunications
review #837325 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rise Broadband? Submit review ›
Helpful? 12 Yes 12 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
164 of 415 Rise Broadband reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 28, 2016 #1151409

Good luck, I had a similar issue last June (exactly one month after they bought my old provider, the only usable one in the area besides satellite). Service went out and it took them basically a month to get a "tech" out there to try and fix it. The "tech" told me my equipment had been damaged by moisture getting in and SUPPOSEDLY none of the other equipment he had would work for me. Then he told me he had to disconnect the service and take the equipment (which the old WISP provided as part of their $100 installation). And Rise apparently got the idea that *I* chose to disconnect my service.
Good luck with your complaint to your local sheriff, I doubt it will do any good though. This company has the FCC in their back pockets (see that $16.9 million the FCC gave them last August) and thinks they are above the law. If you have another internet option go for it and consider yourself lucky.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.