Rise Broadband forces payment of cancellation fee when they didn't provide service

36 of 384 Rise Broadband reviews

August 1st, I installed service with Rise Broadband and agreed to up to 15 MB download speed.

Within first week, service fluctuated and speeds never exceeded 2 MB download. Contacted Rise and they wanted to charge me to have a service tech come out. After arguing that I should not have to pay for a service call, they sent out a tech.

New tech installed satellite higher to get a better position on the nearby tower.

Same week, internet fluctuated in and out and speeds less than 1 MB download. Numerous calls throughout the month of August always getting a new help ticket request with no resolution.

By the 35th day, I was fed up with not being able to do my daughter's homework online and I called to cancel. They told me I was past the 30 day money back period and that I would have to pay a cancellation fee if I cancelled. Said that they don't guarantee speeds.

I felt like I didn't have a choice so I continued service.

Second whole week of September nothing but three days of outage followed by same intermittent service with speeds less than 2 MB download. Called today to cancel and they again refused to waive cancellation fee because I am past 30 days although I had an open help ticket during most of the 30 day period.

$250 cancellation fee I must pay because they can't provide the service that I was paying for. I feel completely ripped off. I would not refer this company to anyone. How can you force your consumer to pay a fee to cancel a service that never worked?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Criminals happy to defraud people
    • Bad experience with the customer support service
    • Cancellation policy

Product or service
Review category
Telecommunications
review #922045 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rise Broadband? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
36 of 384 Rise Broadband reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.