Rise Broadband forces payment of cancellation fee when they didn't provide service
August 1st, I installed service with Rise Broadband and agreed to up to 15 MB download speed.
Within first week, service fluctuated and speeds never exceeded 2 MB download. Contacted Rise and they wanted to charge me to have a service tech come out. After arguing that I should not have to pay for a service call, they sent out a tech.
New tech installed satellite higher to get a better position on the nearby tower.
Same week, internet fluctuated in and out and speeds less than 1 MB download. Numerous calls throughout the month of August always getting a new help ticket request with no resolution.
By the 35th day, I was fed up with not being able to do my daughter's homework online and I called to cancel. They told me I was past the 30 day money back period and that I would have to pay a cancellation fee if I cancelled. Said that they don't guarantee speeds.
I felt like I didn't have a choice so I continued service.
Second whole week of September nothing but three days of outage followed by same intermittent service with speeds less than 2 MB download. Called today to cancel and they again refused to waive cancellation fee because I am past 30 days although I had an open help ticket during most of the 30 day period.
$250 cancellation fee I must pay because they can't provide the service that I was paying for. I feel completely ripped off. I would not refer this company to anyone. How can you force your consumer to pay a fee to cancel a service that never worked?
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Criminals happy to defraud people
- Bad experience with the customer support service
- Cancellation policy
You May Also Like
- "Oh, hold on to your pants. This is a long ride. In June of 2014, I received a postcard flyer from Rise Broadband letting me know they bought Internet America..."
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "I switched to Skybeam residential last year. We signed up for 5 Mb. They originally set us up with 20 MBps speed and the tech said it would stay that..."
- "I have been a Netspend customer since 2009 when I began receiving Social Security. Netspend declares terms & conditions that ONLY apply to the customer - they do not..."
- "I have a problem with the Front cap of my 2014 Keystone Laredo 302BH Fifth Wheel, The Front Cap is oxidizing real bad and the paint is fading off.. The..."
- "ADM American Debt Mediators Co. is a TOTAL SCAM! They lie about a program that offers you to put money in a REFUNDABLE SAVINGS towards a payment settlement to..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."