Rise Broadband forces payment of cancellation fee when they didn't provide service
August 1st, I installed service with Rise Broadband and agreed to up to 15 MB download speed.
Within first week, service fluctuated and speeds never exceeded 2 MB download. Contacted Rise and they wanted to charge me to have a service tech come out. After arguing that I should not have to pay for a service call, they sent out a tech.
New tech installed satellite higher to get a better position on the nearby tower.
Same week, internet fluctuated in and out and speeds less than 1 MB download. Numerous calls throughout the month of August always getting a new help ticket request with no resolution.
By the 35th day, I was fed up with not being able to do my daughter's homework online and I called to cancel. They told me I was past the 30 day money back period and that I would have to pay a cancellation fee if I cancelled. Said that they don't guarantee speeds.
I felt like I didn't have a choice so I continued service.
Second whole week of September nothing but three days of outage followed by same intermittent service with speeds less than 2 MB download. Called today to cancel and they again refused to waive cancellation fee because I am past 30 days although I had an open help ticket during most of the 30 day period.
$250 cancellation fee I must pay because they can't provide the service that I was paying for. I feel completely ripped off. I would not refer this company to anyone. How can you force your consumer to pay a fee to cancel a service that never worked?
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Criminals happy to defraud people
- Bad experience with the customer support service
- Cancellation policy
You May Also Like
- "I am on Rise Broadband now after the previous company was purchases. I was with the previous one because the previous one was purchased. It is a difficult market. I have..."
- "We live in Wewoka, Oklahoma. We pay for 5mbps and the test reads .42 and upload is even worse at .09. It's ridiculous that they continue to get away with..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "Public Advisory not for family and children! #####Avoid Value Place Plainfield,IN 46168 Avoid###### Value Place aka Woodspring Suites 6295 gateway blvd. Plainfield,IN 46168 ValuePlace Plainfield Indianapolis and nationwide are all bad places! Value Place..."
- "WENT TO SE THE CHICAGO EARTH WIND AND FIRE CONCERT AT THE KLIPSCH MUSIC CENTER . GOT THERE EARLY AND SET UP OUR CHAIRS. THERE YOUNG GIRLS HAD A BLANKET..."
- "On April 6th I went to the Lebanon Indiana Burger king and ordered a Iced Coffee. I'd drank on the way home and then left the container in the car...."
- "I had my account deactivated today after putting in countless hours.I am a mother of 17month old baby girl which is the reason I even used Swagbucks. I was using..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."