Oaktown, Indiana

August 1st, I installed service with Rise Broadband and agreed to up to 15 MB download speed.

Within first week, service fluctuated and speeds never exceeded 2 MB download. Contacted Rise and they wanted to charge me to have a service tech come out. After arguing that I should not have to pay for a service call, they sent out a tech.

New tech installed satellite higher to get a better position on the nearby tower.

Same week, internet fluctuated in and out and speeds less than 1 MB download. Numerous calls throughout the month of August always getting a new help ticket request with no resolution.

By the 35th day, I was fed up with not being able to do my daughter's homework online and I called to cancel. They told me I was past the 30 day money back period and that I would have to pay a cancellation fee if I cancelled. Said that they don't guarantee speeds.

I felt like I didn't have a choice so I continued service.

Second whole week of September nothing but three days of outage followed by same intermittent service with speeds less than 2 MB download. Called today to cancel and they again refused to waive cancellation fee because I am past 30 days although I had an open help ticket during most of the 30 day period.

$250 cancellation fee I must pay because they can't provide the service that I was paying for. I feel completely ripped off. I would not refer this company to anyone. How can you force your consumer to pay a fee to cancel a service that never worked?

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $250. weathrgirl3 is overall dissatisfied with Rise Broadband and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about rise broadband internet service at Rise Broadband was criminals happy to defraud people, bad experience with the customer support service and cancellation policy Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Rise Broadband.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Rise Broadband to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Rise Broadband?

Comments