Oaktown, Indiana

August 1st, I installed service with Rise Broadband and agreed to up to 15 MB download speed.

Related: Rise Broadband - Rise - Broadband just don't care !

Within first week, service fluctuated and speeds never exceeded 2 MB download. Contacted Rise and they wanted to charge me to have a service tech come out. After arguing that I should not have to pay for a service call, they sent out a tech.

New tech installed satellite higher to get a better position on the nearby tower.

Same week, internet fluctuated in and out and speeds less than 1 MB download. Numerous calls throughout the month of August always getting a new help ticket request with no resolution.

By the 35th day, I was fed up with not being able to do my daughter's homework online and I called to cancel. They told me I was past the 30 day money back period and that I would have to pay a cancellation fee if I cancelled. Said that they don't guarantee speeds.

I felt like I didn't have a choice so I continued service.

Second whole week of September nothing but three days of outage followed by same intermittent service with speeds less than 2 MB download. Called today to cancel and they again refused to waive cancellation fee because I am past 30 days although I had an open help ticket during most of the 30 day period.

$250 cancellation fee I must pay because they can't provide the service that I was paying for. I feel completely ripped off. I would not refer this company to anyone. How can you force your consumer to pay a fee to cancel a service that never worked?

I didn't like: Criminals happy to defraud people, Bad experience with the customer support service, Cancellation policy.

Review #922045 is a subjective opinion of a user.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $250
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Rise Broadband?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.