I was a Residential Gold customer of Wichita Online with 3.5 m service.Rise Broadband took over.

Related: Rise Broadband - Bamboozled

I'm less than 1/2 mile from the tower, totally clear line of site. My top speed with Rise is 1.5 m but in the evenings, it always drops to .4, less than dialup. It is unusable. When calling support, there is the typical router and antenna reboot.

When speed responds the same they offer on site review. When on site service is here, speeds are pointed to that approach 2m. Customer is reminded it is "up to 3.5m". But delivered speed should never be less than 3m.

The evenings it drops to .4 again. It's obvious the resources are oversold. Countless promises have been made that the infrastructure is to be upgraded, but 2 years later it is worse than earlier. It appears nearby new commercial customers have been added (large interstate gas station).

They must have carved out guaranteed bandwidth. This would only take away from residential customers. As soon as a legal firm finds it rewarding to take on a company with class action law suit that does not provide the service they sell, I'm jumping on board. How is this different than gas company selling 91 octane gas that is actually 75?

Surely the way legal firms pursue companies that make false claims, there has got to be opportunity here. My interest is what is fair for the paying customer.

You charge fee based on promised service.If not delivered, you are open to legal action.

I didn't like: Poor stability and far below paid for speed.

Style and Design
Coverage Area
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $1200
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Rise Broadband?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.