I was a Residential Gold customer of Wichita Online with 3.5 m service.Rise Broadband took over.
I'm less than 1/2 mile from the tower, totally clear line of site. My top speed with Rise is 1.5 m but in the evenings, it always drops to .4, less than dialup. It is unusable. When calling support, there is the typical router and antenna reboot.
When speed responds the same they offer on site review. When on site service is here, speeds are pointed to that approach 2m. Customer is reminded it is "up to 3.5m". But delivered speed should never be less than 3m.
The evenings it drops to .4 again. It's obvious the resources are oversold. Countless promises have been made that the infrastructure is to be upgraded, but 2 years later it is worse than earlier. It appears nearby new commercial customers have been added (large interstate gas station).
They must have carved out guaranteed bandwidth. This would only take away from residential customers. As soon as a legal firm finds it rewarding to take on a company with class action law suit that does not provide the service they sell, I'm jumping on board. How is this different than gas company selling 91 octane gas that is actually 75?
Surely the way legal firms pursue companies that make false claims, there has got to be opportunity here. My interest is what is fair for the paying customer.
You charge fee based on promised service.If not delivered, you are open to legal action.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor stability and far below paid for speed
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We live in Wewoka, Oklahoma. We pay for 5mbps and the test reads .42 and upload is even worse at .09. It's ridiculous that they continue to get away with..."
- "Oh, hold on to your pants. This is a long ride. In June of 2014, I received a postcard flyer from Rise Broadband letting me know they bought Internet America..."
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "There is no customer care.. I love to shop on Zara, just like there cloths ... this is my first time that have to deal with their customer care... turn..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "I have used a Tassimo coffee maker for years and compared to other coffee maker selections I have been generally satisfied. Recently a purchase of their product containing milk pods was..."
- "I ordered 5 donuts total. 3 chocolate covered cream filled and 2 raspberry cream filled. I took these donuts home to my two sons to enjoy before their last day..."
- "I purchased furniture with a tag that reads, hobby lobby warehouse reorder furniture $149.99. Furniture Always 30% off, Your price is $104.99 . My 40% coupon was refused at their..."