https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us If you need to report Rise Broadband, go to the link I have posted above.This is a copy of a complaint I have already sent to the FCC: Rise Broadband is sending people e-mails with the subject "Enhanced PC Care Program: Your 60-Day Trial Starts Today!" In the e-mail, customers are informed they have 60 days free, as the subject indicates, and that they will be automatically billed $8.99 per month if they choose not to opt out.
The problem is, this service was unsolicited and the e-mail was unread and went to a spam folder in my gmail account. This went unnoticed by me for 4 months because I signed up for auto-pay and rarely check the details of that bill. I contacted the company via their online chat platform and when I asked for a full refund and cancellation of the service the Rise representative agreed immediately. No questions asked.
In my experience with numerous telecommunications companies, this just does not happen. I feel the company knows this is a deceptive business practice, but is also banking on enough people not checking their emails or checking their bills to notice. I should have to opt in to a service, not opt out after being informed by a very spammy looking email. In my small, rural town (which is the type of community that Rise services all over the US) people are not concerned with checking their internet bill every month.
Some likely don't even know how to log into their Rise Broadband account and pull up their bills.This deceptive practice could be harming thousands of people.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
You May Also Like
- "I was sitting at my desk and doing my monthly bills and I noticed a bill from Sirius Radio was due on the 15th well I due my bills on..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "Warrantech extended warranty company is a scam, the customer service supervisor Chris Tyner is very rude . Todd Griffin Customer Care supervisor is racist. When I..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "Hi I admin an Ashton Drake buy sell and showcase group on Facebook. I have over 12,000 members worldwide. I have seen several people showing their dolls, be they new..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."