2.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us If you need to report Rise Broadband, go to the link I have posted above.This is a copy of a complaint I have already sent to the FCC: Rise Broadband is sending people e-mails with the subject "Enhanced PC Care Program: Your 60-Day Trial Starts Today!" In the e-mail, customers are informed they have 60 days free, as the subject indicates, and that they will be automatically billed $8.99 per month if they choose not to opt out.

The problem is, this service was unsolicited and the e-mail was unread and went to a spam folder in my gmail account. This went unnoticed by me for 4 months because I signed up for auto-pay and rarely check the details of that bill. I contacted the company via their online chat platform and when I asked for a full refund and cancellation of the service the Rise representative agreed immediately. No questions asked.

In my experience with numerous telecommunications companies, this just does not happen. I feel the company knows this is a deceptive business practice, but is also banking on enough people not checking their emails or checking their bills to notice. I should have to opt in to a service, not opt out after being informed by a very spammy looking email. In my small, rural town (which is the type of community that Rise services all over the US) people are not concerned with checking their internet bill every month.

Some likely don't even know how to log into their Rise Broadband account and pull up their bills.This deceptive practice could be harming thousands of people.

Review about: Rise Broadband Deal.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Rise Broadband?

Comments

Pocatello, Idaho, United States #1336051

I learned about it 6 months later.I first asked them to cancel the service.

They immediately agreed of course, but did NOT bring up a full refund. I then requested a full refund and they agreed to that too, no questions asked. I think they would have been willing to let me be cheated out of the $60. If they can get away this for 10,000 customers, that is $600,000 in their pocket.

Even more with the ones that never find out.

It is one thing to sign up for a free trial, and then be charged later when the trial period ends.I think it is completely dishonest to have the company automatically sign you up, whether you want it or not, and rely on e-mail to cancel it.

Lehi, Utah, United States #1316185

This happened to me, except that I cannot find the supposed email notification of the service. Same end result when I contacted them via chat.

You should put this on your Facebook page and on their Facebook page.