Rise Broadband - PC Care service fraud

12 of 415 Rise Broadband reviews

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us If you need to report Rise Broadband, go to the link I have posted above.This is a copy of a complaint I have already sent to the FCC: Rise Broadband is sending people e-mails with the subject "Enhanced PC Care Program: Your 60-Day Trial Starts Today!" In the e-mail, customers are informed they have 60 days free, as the subject indicates, and that they will be automatically billed $8.99 per month if they choose not to opt out.

The problem is, this service was unsolicited and the e-mail was unread and went to a spam folder in my gmail account. This went unnoticed by me for 4 months because I signed up for auto-pay and rarely check the details of that bill. I contacted the company via their online chat platform and when I asked for a full refund and cancellation of the service the Rise representative agreed immediately. No questions asked.

In my experience with numerous telecommunications companies, this just does not happen. I feel the company knows this is a deceptive business practice, but is also banking on enough people not checking their emails or checking their bills to notice. I should have to opt in to a service, not opt out after being informed by a very spammy looking email. In my small, rural town (which is the type of community that Rise services all over the US) people are not concerned with checking their internet bill every month.

Some likely don't even know how to log into their Rise Broadband account and pull up their bills.This deceptive practice could be harming thousands of people.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
12 of 415 Rise Broadband reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 08 #1267450

You should put this on your Facebook page and on their Facebook page.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.