Coverage Area
Style and Design

For the first couple of months with Rise, everything was fine.I have the 15mb plan and I have clear line of site to the tower wich is about 3 miles away.

Then I started seeing that I was only getting 2mb down. I called tech support, they confirmed the issue and said it was a problem at the site with multiple complaints. Skip forward 5 weeks with no resolution, I get a call from a tech looking at the case who tells me that they fixed it a week ago! No notice was given to me that the issue had been resolved.

Internet looks good again finally. I was told by the original CSR that they would credit me once the issue was resolved but could not until it was. So now that it has been resolved, I call to get a credit on bill since I was not receiving what I was paying for. The CSR tells me that per policy, they don't credit accounts unless the download speed was less than 1mb!!!

This policy effectively means that if you have internet at all, they don't have to credit you. Doesn't matter if you were getting what you payed for or not! This is obviously a way to cheat the customer and and not be liable for tech problems unless you have a complete outage. Even then, I suspect they would cite some reason why they won't credit.

Bottom line is, this company sucks and will cheat their customers. Taking 5 weeks to correct an issue that everyone using the tower was having, plus not issuing a credit is totally unacceptable. Another provider will have a tower up in a couple of months and I will pull the plug on Rise.

I look forward to killing their auto-debit capability on my account and letting them hear My Policy...."***".We will see how they how they like not getting paid for something they provided.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Rise Broadband. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Rise Broadband.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Rise Broadband to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Rise Broadband?

Comments