Rise Broadband - Consistently not delivering anywhere near the speed I'm paying for
I switched to Skybeam residential last year.We signed up for 5 Mb.
They originally set us up with 20 MBps speed and the tech said it would stay that way a week or two then settle into the 5 we are paying for. Oh and when Skybeam came out, they didn't want to go into the attic so they ran the wires to our attic on our wall, exposed. About 2 weeks in, we couldn't connect at all for an entire day so we called them. They did some things, could't really figure it out but our internet came back.
We noticed a few days later that it seemed to be dragging. Did a speedtest and we were getting speeds like 0.35 and 0.84 DL (but consistently below 1.0) I have spent hours and hours on the phone with customer support after waiting at least a half hour to just talk to someone each time. Each time I am promised that I will get a bill credit once things have been corrected. Thing is...
it's a trick because it is NEVER corrected. Don't fall for it. Just added a screen shot from today. Remember I'm paying for 5.
I don't see how there is not a class action suit. Its very frustrating in that I live about 20 miles south of Dallas. DALLAS is huge. I'm not that far out.
There are not a lot of choices. We left SBCglobal because they were not delivering what we were paying for either.
Skybeam made a ton of promises.They advertise they will provide a certain speed but consistently fail to deliver.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Residential Service Plan
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Warrantech extended warranty company is a scam, the customer service supervisor Chris Tyner is very rude . Todd Griffin Customer Care supervisor is racist. When I..."
- "I received a $50 Debit card from T-Mobile issued by CitiBank ( a risky and frustrating process alone). At no time was I advised or did I agree to an..."
- "I've given Rise Broadband (formerly Digis) plenty of opportunities to redeem themselves, but this internet service provider (ISP) continues to degrade and slide into the category of absolute worst provider..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."