Midlothian, Texas
100% full Not resolved

I switched to Skybeam residential last year.We signed up for 5 Mb.

They originally set us up with 20 MBps speed and the tech said it would stay that way a week or two then settle into the 5 we are paying for. Oh and when Skybeam came out, they didn't want to go into the attic so they ran the wires to our attic on our wall, exposed. About 2 weeks in, we couldn't connect at all for an entire day so we called them. They did some things, could't really figure it out but our internet came back.

We noticed a few days later that it seemed to be dragging. Did a speedtest and we were getting speeds like 0.35 and 0.84 DL (but consistently below 1.0) I have spent hours and hours on the phone with customer support after waiting at least a half hour to just talk to someone each time. Each time I am promised that I will get a bill credit once things have been corrected. Thing is...

it's a trick because it is NEVER corrected. Don't fall for it. Just added a screen shot from today. Remember I'm paying for 5.

I don't see how there is not a class action suit. Its very frustrating in that I live about 20 miles south of Dallas. DALLAS is huge. I'm not that far out.

There are not a lot of choices. We left SBCglobal because they were not delivering what we were paying for either.

Skybeam made a ton of promises.They advertise they will provide a certain speed but consistently fail to deliver.

Review about: Residential Service Plan.

Coverage Area
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $350
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Rise Broadband?

Comments

Carl
Dallas, Texas, United States #973359

Reason there is no class action suit is because there cannot BE one.There will be no suits of any kind against Skybeam because according to their TOS (terms of service) by becoming a customer you already agreed you will not bring legal action against Skybeam but rather refer any ongoing problems to an arbitrator of Skybeam's choice at their discretion and at a location of their choice In other words you don't have a legal leg to stand on.

Never mind they they never mention this TOS, nor tell you where on the site you can find it. They will simply trot it out if you try to sue them and explain how you agreed to it by becoming a customer in the first place.

Go to their site and click on the "legal" button at the every bottom of the page, then read it and weep.:-(