Rise Broadband - Consistently not delivering anywhere near the speed I'm paying for
I switched to Skybeam residential last year.We signed up for 5 Mb.
They originally set us up with 20 MBps speed and the tech said it would stay that way a week or two then settle into the 5 we are paying for. Oh and when Skybeam came out, they didn't want to go into the attic so they ran the wires to our attic on our wall, exposed. About 2 weeks in, we couldn't connect at all for an entire day so we called them. They did some things, could't really figure it out but our internet came back.
We noticed a few days later that it seemed to be dragging. Did a speedtest and we were getting speeds like 0.35 and 0.84 DL (but consistently below 1.0) I have spent hours and hours on the phone with customer support after waiting at least a half hour to just talk to someone each time. Each time I am promised that I will get a bill credit once things have been corrected. Thing is...
it's a trick because it is NEVER corrected. Don't fall for it. Just added a screen shot from today. Remember I'm paying for 5.
I don't see how there is not a class action suit. Its very frustrating in that I live about 20 miles south of Dallas. DALLAS is huge. I'm not that far out.
There are not a lot of choices. We left SBCglobal because they were not delivering what we were paying for either.
Skybeam made a ton of promises.They advertise they will provide a certain speed but consistently fail to deliver.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Residential Service Plan
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought the MI3 via Lazada.com in the Philippines as they are the only distributors for this phone here. It cost 10.599PHP. I was working fine for about three weeks..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "Do yourself a favor and don't have anything to do with these scammers - Jani Ghaffor AKA Jani GMoney AKA Jani G/Chuck Sterling/Digital River Inc/SWREG/CardQuery/PinYourIncome/Pin Cyclone.In researching ways to profit..."
- "I bought Tyson chicken from Walmart,Thigh Meat, When I went to use it it was doubled up on skin..They had taken the skin off every other thigh and had..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Im an insurance agent of 20 years due to anti-money laundering laws i'm required to take training on what to look out for and i'm sure these bank tellers take..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "HI i recently purchased the instyler max, as i was letting it heat up to full capacity i had it sitting on the so called heat pad and lucky i..."