Rise Broadband - Consistently not delivering anywhere near the speed I'm paying for
I switched to Skybeam residential last year.We signed up for 5 Mb.
They originally set us up with 20 MBps speed and the tech said it would stay that way a week or two then settle into the 5 we are paying for. Oh and when Skybeam came out, they didn't want to go into the attic so they ran the wires to our attic on our wall, exposed. About 2 weeks in, we couldn't connect at all for an entire day so we called them. They did some things, could't really figure it out but our internet came back.
We noticed a few days later that it seemed to be dragging. Did a speedtest and we were getting speeds like 0.35 and 0.84 DL (but consistently below 1.0) I have spent hours and hours on the phone with customer support after waiting at least a half hour to just talk to someone each time. Each time I am promised that I will get a bill credit once things have been corrected. Thing is...
it's a trick because it is NEVER corrected. Don't fall for it. Just added a screen shot from today. Remember I'm paying for 5.
I don't see how there is not a class action suit. Its very frustrating in that I live about 20 miles south of Dallas. DALLAS is huge. I'm not that far out.
There are not a lot of choices. We left SBCglobal because they were not delivering what we were paying for either.
Skybeam made a ton of promises.They advertise they will provide a certain speed but consistently fail to deliver.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Residential Service Plan
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My ISP was LPBroadband when I signed up. They installed a small 10" dish to connect to the tower (less than 500' away). When it became Skybeam, they removed the..."
- "I decided to sell my old Iphone 4S and came upon the CashforIphone web site. After submitting information about my phone, model, RAM size, condition, etc. the site came..."
- "I bought a new Nokia C3 and a month later wanted to switch to a different cell phone service provider. Consumer Cellular would not unlock my phone! They said it..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."