Waterloo, Iowa
Resolved

Update by user Aug 18, 2015

UPDATE: Rise has refunded my service fee; I am therefore considering this matter resolved.

Original review posted by user Jul 16, 2015

I tried to be a Rise Broadband customer – I lasted all of one day!This company's treatment of customers is unbelievable.

Related: Rise Broadband Installation Review

My installer was two hours late, he had trouble getting signal so the install took nearly four hours, he did a very messy installation with very unsightly boxes and cabling all over one corner of my living room, and he left a large puddle of urine on my bathroom floor. The next day, I had trouble connecting and called tech support, who could not tell me what the trouble was or how to correct it, except that they suspected I had a weak signal. I told them I needed the Internet service up and running, and that I was available that day, but not for the rest of the week. I was told they would get someone out “as soon as possible.” Later that day, when no one had contacted me, I called back, to find that tech support had scheduled a service call for the 20th – four days in the future, and a day I had specifically told them I was NOT available.

Frustrated beyond all endurance, I told them I wanted to cancel and that they should come pick up their equipment. Do you think this was the end of the hassle? It was not – they told me that it would be three to six weeks refunding the month's service charges I'd paid in advance. I asked for the corporate number, and was told, “We don't have that information.” (It's on the Internet).

To sum up, this company's service was very problematic and created a lot of problems for me.

I cannot recommend them to anyone.

Review about: Rise Broadband Residential High-Speed Internet.

I didn't like: Billing and operations not able to resolve problems.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $57
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Rise Broadband?

Comments

To previous complainant u told them u were available the day of your call & they didn't cancel their other appts to make it there that day?Wow shocking, I'm guessing you're 17 or 18 and new to calling cos.

for tech help, that requires a person to physically come & figure out the installers mess?Doesn't happen same day, if you can imagine how something might operate outside your personal sphere.

Thank you for taking the time to review and saving the rest of us the nightmare of using a company like Rise Broadband. I just got a coupon and was excited, but it sounds like they are as bad as ClearLink or worse.