Rise Broadband - Avoid This Company!

406 of 415 Rise Broadband reviews

Update added by user Aug 18, 2015

UPDATE: Rise has refunded my service fee; I am therefore considering this matter resolved.

Original review posted by user Jul 16, 2015

I tried to be a Rise Broadband customer – I lasted all of one day!This company's treatment of customers is unbelievable.

My installer was two hours late, he had trouble getting signal so the install took nearly four hours, he did a very messy installation with very unsightly boxes and cabling all over one corner of my living room, and he left a large puddle of urine on my bathroom floor. The next day, I had trouble connecting and called tech support, who could not tell me what the trouble was or how to correct it, except that they suspected I had a weak signal. I told them I needed the Internet service up and running, and that I was available that day, but not for the rest of the week. I was told they would get someone out “as soon as possible.” Later that day, when no one had contacted me, I called back, to find that tech support had scheduled a service call for the 20th – four days in the future, and a day I had specifically told them I was NOT available.

Frustrated beyond all endurance, I told them I wanted to cancel and that they should come pick up their equipment. Do you think this was the end of the hassle? It was not – they told me that it would be three to six weeks refunding the month's service charges I'd paid in advance. I asked for the corporate number, and was told, “We don't have that information.” (It's on the Internet).

To sum up, this company's service was very problematic and created a lot of problems for me.

I cannot recommend them to anyone.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Billing and operations not able to resolve problems

Reason of review:
Rise Broadband Residential High-Speed Internet
Review category
Telecommunications
review #667213 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rise Broadband? Submit review ›
Helpful? 11 Yes 11 3 No 3
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
406 of 415 Rise Broadband reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 26, 2016 #1134231

To previous complainant u told them u were available the day of your call & they didn't cancel their other appts to make it there that day? Wow shocking, I'm guessing you're 17 or 18 and new to calling cos. for tech help, that requires a person to physically come & figure out the installers mess? Doesn't happen same day, if you can imagine how something might operate outside your personal sphere.

0 0 Reply

Feb 09, 2016 #1109362

Thank you for taking the time to review and saving the rest of us the nightmare of using a company like Rise Broadband. I just got a coupon and was excited, but it sounds like they are as bad as ClearLink or worse.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.