Update added by user Aug 18, 2015
UPDATE: Rise has refunded my service fee; I am therefore considering this matter resolved.
Original review posted by user Jul 16, 2015
I tried to be a Rise Broadband customer – I lasted all of one day!This company's treatment of customers is unbelievable.
My installer was two hours late, he had trouble getting signal so the install took nearly four hours, he did a very messy installation with very unsightly boxes and cabling all over one corner of my living room, and he left a large puddle of urine on my bathroom floor. The next day, I had trouble connecting and called tech support, who could not tell me what the trouble was or how to correct it, except that they suspected I had a weak signal. I told them I needed the Internet service up and running, and that I was available that day, but not for the rest of the week. I was told they would get someone out “as soon as possible.” Later that day, when no one had contacted me, I called back, to find that tech support had scheduled a service call for the 20th – four days in the future, and a day I had specifically told them I was NOT available.
Frustrated beyond all endurance, I told them I wanted to cancel and that they should come pick up their equipment. Do you think this was the end of the hassle? It was not – they told me that it would be three to six weeks refunding the month's service charges I'd paid in advance. I asked for the corporate number, and was told, “We don't have that information.” (It's on the Internet).
To sum up, this company's service was very problematic and created a lot of problems for me.
I cannot recommend them to anyone.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Billing and operations not able to resolve problems
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rise Broadband Residential High-Speed Internet
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "I pay for a 15mg access and they always want their money regardless. For over two months now I'm lucky to get a 1.8mg access 90% of the time. Once the..."
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "Hi I admin an Ashton Drake buy sell and showcase group on Facebook. I have over 12,000 members worldwide. I have seen several people showing their dolls, be they new..."
- "why my order to late to arrive ? it should arrive at my home at 12 January , i already call Lazada and Lazada already promise that my order will..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "These pears are not what you are promised. They arrived old, too green to ripen, bruised and shriveled with no juice. This company has gone downhill. It is a waste..."
- "I've purchased several items from TOM. A bracelet which I wear all the time made from onyx/fossil and stainless clasp...it is a beautiful piece, no problems. I bought a ring,..."